OMA Rotterdam is looking for an experienced Business Manager who is interested in the business side of our operations. The Business Manager will work closely with, and report directly to OMA’s Managing Partner – Architect.
In this role you will work in close cooperation with the broader OMA management, project leaders, and company support functions – such as our Legal, Finance and Business Development departments - worldwide.
- Active involvement in the office’s business activities;
- Support the Managing Partner - Architect in his daily operations by overseeing business development tasks, managing contracts and maintaining relationships with clients, contractors and consultants;
- Create service and fee proposals in coordination with our Business Development, Legal and Resourcing departments;
- Prioritize new and ongoing projects and business needs, based on upcoming deadlines;
- Keep track of project finances and results, and prepare quarterly reports;
- Coordinate and prepare (client) meetings and presentations for the Managing Partner – Architect’s projects;
- Attend and prepare internal Partner meetings when required;
- Complete meeting minutes and facilitate follow-ups;
- Accompany the Managing Partner – Architect at selected business meetings;
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar, management role;
- University level degree in Architecture and/ or Business Management;
- Interest in, and affinity for architecture and construction development;
- Experience working in a competitive and international environment;
- Self-disciplined and confident in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Hands-on approach and affinity for working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Works well both independently and in a team;
- Willing to travel for business;
- Fluent in Dutch and English;
- Good understanding of the economic and political environments OMA is operating in;
- Skilled in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
We encourage candidates with an international background and relevant experience to apply. OMA offers an open, dynamic and international work environment in a leading architectural office.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter and resume.