OMA’s Rotterdam office is looking for an Assistant Controller, who will work as a team member in the Finance department and report directly to Finance Director/CFO.
The Finance department is responsible for the accounting of all offices and branch offices globally. The financial project management of all OMA projects worldwide is also handled from the Rotterdam office.
The working language in the Finance department is Dutch, while in the company it is English. The candidates must feel comfortable to work in an international environment.
The ideal candidate should preferably be experienced in all aspects of financial accounting.
OMA is currently in the transformation process to a new ERP software, which also implies the reassessment of the current processes and reports within the company.
Considering this, candidates that have an affinity with or knowledge of such a transformation, as well as ERP software in general, are welcomed to apply.
The job position is for 32-40 hours per week.
- Involved in the regular processes within the Finance department, such as the petty cash, bank statements, vendor invoices, expense reports and company credit cards
- Responsible for the financial project management of a limited number of OMA projects, includes communication with the project leader and preparation of sales invoices, as well as the quarterly project reporting.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Actively follow up with OMA staff, to have their timesheets filled and approved correctly and promptly
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly closing.
- HBO degree, preferably Finance & Control or “Bedrijfseconomie”
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Experienced in working with Maconomy or other accounting software like Exact
- Proven experience with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Full professional proficiency in both Dutch and English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Accurate and detail-oriented with hands-on approach
- Pro-active and self-disciplined with team spirit
- Working legibility in the Netherlands is preferred
We offer career opportunities in a leading firm in the creative industry. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The selected candidate is assumed to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter and resume in English.