OMA Rotterdam is looking for a Modelmaking Intern to join our Modelshop Team. The Team is responsible for crafting professional presentation models, conceptual maquettes, as well as experimental prototypes across a variety of scales and design stages.
As Modelmaking Intern, you would be tasked to assist our small but multi-faceted team in different stages of fabrication, with frequent interaction with project teams. You should have a meticulous standard to your work, an affinity with diverse materials and processes, a keen motivation to learn, and a strong willingness to share.
- Currently studying or recently graduated from an Architecture / Design / Fabrication / Art degree or program
- Strong interest in making, with a high self-demand, and a problem-solving mindset
- Experience in fabricating architecture models and other physical designs, objects, and mock-ups
- Experience with workshop machinery and appliances
- Knowledge of Rhino and AutoCad an asset
- Proficiency in English
- Proactive, organised, and self-disciplined
- Confidence in operating in an international, diverse environment
The intern will receive a monthly stipend. The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible, with the standard duration of 4-6 months.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of works.