OMA New York is looking for a Japanese-Speaking Architect to join our office as soon as possible.
Architects work with Project Leaders and design teams to establish and develop the design of projects and produce, coordinate and administer the technical documentation and supervision for their realization. Architects may also lead teams or specific aspects of projects in accordance with their prior experience.
Due to the current travel restrictions in the U.S., we unfortunately cannot support visa/work permit applications at this time. Therefore, please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Professional or Graduate Degree in Architecture
- 5+ years’ post-graduate experience
- Strong conceptual, graphic and design skills illustrated in a comprehensive portfolio
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- Experience working on complex, large scale projects in all phases
- Confidence working collaboratively in a dynamic, international environment
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Experience working in Japan
- Knowledge of Japanese building codes and approvals and permits process
- Licensed to practice architecture in the US (or in the process of licensure)
- Additional architect license in Japan is a plus
- Experience delivering schematic design and design development packages in Japan
- Construction Administration experience is a plus
Please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (max. 30 pages).
OMA values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.