OMA New York is looking for Senior Architects to join our office as soon as possible.
Candidates should have experience in developing client relationships, leading and mentoring a team, and completing high quality work through all project phases. Senior Architects will work directly with consultants and local architects to produce comprehensive design packages through strong and collaborative work. They will also work closely with the Associates and Partners.
Due to the current travel restrictions in the U.S., we unfortunately cannot support visa/work permit applications at this time. Therefore, please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S..
- 8+ years’ experience that includes all design and execution phases (notably CD and preferably CA)
- Professional or Graduate Degree in Architecture
- Professional proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino and Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of US building codes and standards
- Portfolio of realized and/or published projects representing a wide range of program types
- Excellent communication skills, including experience of presenting and coordinating projects through all phases to client and consultant teams
- Confidence working collaboratively in a dynamic, international environment
- Fluency in English
- Experience of managing projects and/or teams
- Experience of delivering full construction documentation packages (preferably for cultural projects)
- Knowledge and experience of working on Revit/BIM projects
- Project management and/or team leadership experience through all phases
- Fluency in additional languages (notably Japanese and/or Spanish)
- License to practice architecture in the US (NCARB registration a plus)
Please use our online application form to upload your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (max. 30 pages). Please note that applications sent without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
OMA values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.